NYPD Removes ‘Big Brother’ Ads Near Occupy Protest Site - NY Daily News
Not sure which of yesterday’s New York Post scoops I buy MORE …
"OWS MURDER LINK"
or "TOM CRUISE LINKED TO NEW BOND GIRL"
My first cover story and I couldn’t be in better company! The January issue of RE:COMEDY Magazine features stories on lil’ ol’ me and some of my best pals and favorite comedians working today: Eddie Pepitone, Aparna Nancherla, Josh Androsky and so many more!
Lotsa fun looks at comedians active in the Occupy Wall Street movement, with insights into the role that comedy plays in revolutionary activism (and vice-versa). Available in print and robot format, so crack ‘er open or digitize her today!
(Thanks to Kristy Mangel and the crew at RE:COM!)
WALL STREET, OCCUPIED TONIGHT:
ECONOMIC POLICY DEMANDS:
Quick version: Go ahead and call a second consitutional convention, cuz this thing’s fucked to shit.
1. End corporate personhood, corporate rights and all corporate money in elections. Return all political power to living human beings.
2. Break up the big banks: Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs. Regulate remaining financial institutions as public utilities.
3. Arrest and try the big bankers for treason and fraud under a South-African-style Truth Commission. Seize their private assets for restitution.
4. Abolish the private Federal Reserve system and return monetary policy to Congress and the Treasury.
5. Repeal root causes of financial disaster: NAFTA and other -AFTA trade deal clones, WTO, bankruptcy reform, Gramm-Leach, Bush & Obama bank bailouts, corporate tax loopholes, etc.
6. Repay real and full amounts of bailouts & onerous bonuses since 2007 ($10 trillion+, not their dummy statistics), plus heavy punitive fines.
7. Cap corporate income at a maximum multiple of employee income.
8. Peg dollar value to a basket of median wages, food & energy prices, precious metals and foreign currencies.
9. End all current U.S. wars and wind down the empire in an orderly, dignified fashion. Use confiscated Wall Street loot for restitution funds.
10. Establish “jubilee year” debt holiday at regular lifetime intervals. Write off all current bad debts. Let the rich eat the losses.
… And have fun doing it!
Chris Hedges, Max Keiser, Matt Taibbi, Adbusters.
FAWKES NEWS COMEDY PODCAST:
Free on iTunes and Posterous - have a listen!
A hat tip to Trevor Moore, Eddie Pepitone and Brent Schmidt pictured here, along with Ted Alexandro, Jamie Kilstein, Lee Camp, Chris Laker, Trey Galyon and so many other comedians occupying Wall Street in the last several weeks!